Should I Attend Sex Therapy?
Consider sex therapy if you answer “yes” to any of the following questions:
- Are you or your partner experiencing sexual intimacy problems?
- Has the issue of sex caused stress in your romantic relationship?
- Are you engaging in secret sexual behaviors that place you at risk for family disruption? Financial turmoil? Public censure?
- Are you leading a secret double life with regard to your sexual activity?
- Are you engaging in sexual behaviors you find embarrassing or shameful?
- Do you find yourself aroused by subjects that other adults consider shocking?
- Do you have sexual kinks that you are too embarrassed to reveal or that are negatively affecting your life, such as cross-dressing, peeping, or masochism?
- Were you the victim of childhood sexual abuse?
- Do you have body image concerns?
- Do you think you engage in compulsive sexual behaviors? (This includes Internet porn)
- Do you have concerns about your sexual orientation (Am I gay? Bi-sexual? Poly?)
Male and female sexual issues and problems often begin to surface in adolescence. Some of these issues will be passing, while others may insidiously impact the remainder of his or her life.
To learn more about therapy for teens or children who are struggling with their sexuality, please visit our page about sexual orientation questions in adolescents.